Odoo Help

ir.cron - Record cannot be modified right now

By
Hannes Smit
on 6/17/13, 7:05 AM 4,986 views

I have an ir.cron job / schedule that stopped running a few days ago, although its interval is 10 minutes.

So, first I tried to reset the date to now, or 1 minute in the future. But then an error message appears:

Record cannot be modified right now This cron task is currently being executed and may not be modified, please try again in a few minutes

see: bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-server/7.0/view/head:/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_cron.py#L262

I understand that the schedule record is locked by FOR UPDATE NOWAIT.

How would OpenERP remove this lock in the end? And, for now, how to remove the lock now?

EDIT: An answer to the latter is simple: restart server.

Grahame Jordan
On 12/15/13, 6:51 AM

While the cron is running a job it will block writes to the ir_cron table. You need to wait for the job to complete. If you are running the mrp scheduler this may take a while

Its not complete, continue working... how to stop it, without restarting server !

Zahin
on 4/23/14, 4:43 AM
Harsh Dhaduk
On 6/25/14, 7:27 AM

Right Grahame Jordan but you want to force fully stop then you need following step.

• Stop OpenERP Server
  • login to postgresql database (with selected database)
  • fire following query
    "select * from ir_crom;"
  • check what you try to edit or create perticular form is it under in ir_crom if yes then get that id and fire following query
  • """update ir_cron set active = False where id = (Selected id);"""
    (inactive all scheduler)
  • Start openerp server and login and do your work.
Zahin
On 4/25/14, 10:11 AM

Problem due to most continue working scheduler and access all most resources.

I had read a article where problem fixed somehow, Its work for me.

Steps to fix

http://goo.gl/vZSYd1

I suggest to OpenERP Bugs fixer to resolve this issue with OpenERP 7.0 first.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/17/13, 7:05 AM
Seen: 4986 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM