This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have an ir.cron job / schedule that stopped running a few days ago, although its interval is 10 minutes.

So, first I tried to reset the date to now, or 1 minute in the future. But then an error message appears:

Record cannot be modified right now This cron task is currently being executed and may not be modified, please try again in a few minutes

see: bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-server/7.0/view/head:/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_cron.py#L262

I understand that the schedule record is locked by FOR UPDATE NOWAIT.

How would OpenERP remove this lock in the end? And, for now, how to remove the lock now?

EDIT: An answer to the latter is simple: restart server.

Discard
Best Answer

Right Grahame Jordan but you want to force fully stop then you need following step.

• Stop OpenERP Server
  • login to postgresql database (with selected database)
  • fire following query
    "select * from ir_crom;"
  • check what you try to edit or create perticular form is it under in ir_crom if yes then get that id and fire following query
  • """update ir_cron set active = False where id = (Selected id);"""
    (inactive all scheduler)
  • Start openerp server and login and do your work.
Discard
Best Answer

While the cron is running a job it will block writes to the ir_cron table. You need to wait for the job to complete. If you are running the mrp scheduler this may take a while

Discard

Its not complete, continue working... how to stop it, without restarting server !

Best Answer

Problem due to most continue working scheduler and access all most resources.

I had read a article where problem fixed somehow, Its work for me.

Steps to fix

http://goo.gl/vZSYd1

I suggest to OpenERP Bugs fixer to resolve this issue with OpenERP 7.0 first.

Discard