Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

ir.attachment direct create

By
Khulan Batbayar
on 1/19/15, 10:19 AM 1,085 views

I had created many2one field from ir.attachment.

But i would like to display this field as an file browse field and directly upload file instead of choosing list of available files. Has someone implemented this?

Khulan Batbayar
On 1/19/15, 10:30 AM

Thank you Bole.

I need field like fields.binary instead of selecting from the list in case of many2one field. It would be easy for end users.

if you try to my answer.. you will find that it is not a m2o list. .instead... it is a button on top of form view ( until then you only had More, now you will have Attachments, More .... and that attachments is the easiest way of adding it to ANY doc in your erp...

Bole
on 1/20/15, 2:38 AM

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 1/19/15, 10:23 AM

Perhaps the easiest way to do it is install module document.
After instaling, every document (model) will have extra button/menu on top, Attachments... you can use it to directly upload any file,
and such uploaded file will be visible on attachments list after save.. 

Try, maybe it deos what you need

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/19/15, 10:19 AM
Seen: 1085 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM