Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

IP address based authentication

By
Binary System Limited
on 11/13/13, 1:13 PM 1,449 views

I am using 7.0. My goal is to implement a IP address based authentication so that some users can login through the Internet and the others can only login from the Intranet.

Overriding res.users.check_credentials can plug additional authentication logic. So the only thing leave is how to access HttpRequest object,which contains Client IP address, within check_credentials method.

Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks!

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 11/13/13, 6:00 PM

I think this is something that shouldn't be managed by OpenERP but by your network infrastructure. For example, you could consider to configure your server to only accept connections from the office LAN and give VPN access to the people who have the right to access it from outside the company. Not only is it much easier to configure (than coding this in OpenERP) but it can also easily extend to any other application in the LAN.

Thank you Fabrice! This approach is much easier to implement, but customer portal will not work as the service is not public. So I am still finding way to do that. Is it possible to save the IP in context from session?

Binary System Limited
on 11/18/13, 11:56 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/13/13, 1:13 PM
Seen: 1449 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM