Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invoicing vs delivery address in Odoo 8.0

By
Dr Obx
on 4/4/16, 9:59 AM 385 views

Guys, in Odoo 8.0 if you creating invoice there is Invoicing and delivery address as a separate things. But where can I find a place where can I insert those information in case if delivery address if different than invoicing or if delivery address is different than home address ?

How to add different address if there is no place to do so?

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/5/16, 2:33 AM

Customer must be a company in order to get the "Contact" tab displayed. There you can enter different contacts and select their types. This is standard functionality.

Kinner Vachhani
On 4/4/16, 12:43 PM

Go to Sales -> Sales -> Customer : <any record>. You will see Contacts tab on form view. Click on Create and choose "Address Type" either Invoice or shipping.

These address types are then automatically set on invoice when partner is selected. 

Do you by chance have a non-base module installed to provide this functionality? I don't see anything that says "Address Type", and I updated from github recently. Can you go into debug mode and tell us what module is listed when you hover over the "Address Type" field? Or is it maybe a setting in the config section?

Michael Watchorn
on 4/4/16, 5:42 PM

Hi Michael, To enable those fields go to Sales -> Configuration -> Settings and tick on "Display 3 fields on sales orders: customer, invoice address, delivery address" under Addresses section

Kinner Vachhani
on 4/5/16, 4:36 AM

Ok, got it, thanks guys. So if I add in contact tab another address and set it as a type Shipping, I'll be able to differentiate delivery address and invoice right ?

Dr Obx
on 4/5/16, 6:17 PM

That's Correct @Dr Obx

Kinner Vachhani
on 4/6/16, 4:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/4/16, 9:59 AM
Seen: 385 times
Last updated: 4/5/16, 2:33 AM