Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invoicing & PriceList: which pricelist date is takein into account to generate invoice ?

on 7/9/14, 7:48 AM 621 views

I am using OpenERP 7. I use pricelists and invoice on timesheet module

I have the following use case:

• Invoices have to generated from timesheets with prices different for each person and likely to vary on a monthly or yearly basis.
  • Invoices can be generated at any time
  • Invoices have to take into account the selling price of the manpower resource at the time the resource did the work.

Example: One person is working on a project and has a sales pricelist associated to his user profile. His hourly saling price in 2013 was 100€/hour and became 150€/hour in 2014. It worked 20 hours in 2013 and 10 hours in 2014. The invoice should then be of : 20*100+10*150=3 500€

I can create a pricelist with a cost of 100€ valid over 2013 and  a cost of 150€ valid over 2014 but if I generate now an invoice it make use of the 2014 price list version only and thus create an invoice of 20*150+10*150=4 500€

So it is unclear to me:

• How is a verison of a price list selected? Is it when contract is create? Invoice made? Other?
  • How could I change this behaviour to fit to my use case ?

Many thanks

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/9/14, 7:48 AM
Seen: 621 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM