Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

invoicing lines from multiple sale orders?

on 11/14/15, 12:43 PM 1,454 views

Hallo, my customer receives multiple sale orders and then issues several invoices, each one takes lines from multiple sale orders.

SO1 - lines 1,2,3
SO2 - lines 1,2,3,4,5
INV1 = SO1.1, SO1.2, SO2.1
INV2 = SO1.3, SO2.2, SO2.5
INV3 = SO2.3, SO2.4

Is it compatible with Odoo concept of sale order?

Is there any module for Odoo v8 to achieve this preventively, without merging invoices after creation?

what I'm looking for is actually a m2m sale_order_line - invoice_line

Thanks in advance 

Please specify the version of Odoo you are asking about? v7? v8? v9?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 11/15/15, 12:41 PM

Thank you Ray, I updated the question properly.

on 11/16/15, 8:41 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 11/15/15, 3:34 PM

1. Via Settings --> Configuration --> Sales, make sure "Generate invoices based on the sales order lines" is checked:

2. Make sure all users you want to be able to do this have "Enable Invoicing Sales order lines" checked on their User record

3. When creating an Invoice for a specific Sales Order, select "Some order lines" from the options.

Install https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/sale_order_line_quantity/ - which improves this process by showing you the total items per line (if any) that have already been delivered and invoiced.

in this way I'll invoice some lines from a SINGLE sale order: this does not address the original question, to invoice in a single invoice sale order lines from multiple sale order.

on 11/16/15, 3:04 AM
Mark Interversus
On 7/16/16, 5:12 AM

Hi Raffaele,

I'm using OpenERP V7 and I can invoice multiple sales orders on a single invoice, just by select on tree view several sales orders and then, on "More" drop down button choose  "Make Invoices". A pop-up wizard appears and selecting "Group the invoices" does the job. For me there's only an undesirable result on this process: order lines for the same product in different sales orders won't merge on invoice.

thank you, I'm gonna try it on the V8/v9

on 7/18/16, 3:24 AM
On 4/13/16, 7:17 AM

Dear Raffaele,

I too am having this problem.

Have you found a solution?

If yes, could I have the solution?

The only way I found so far is to issue multiple invoices per order and then to merge them

on 4/13/16, 8:35 AM

Sorry to ask more questions. I have created the invoices in draft state. Each invoice is for each sales order. How did you merge the invoices? I tried selecting the draft invoices and checking the more button but there is no merge function. Was any special module installed?

on 4/13/16, 12:20 PM
On 2/16/16, 1:50 AM

Hi Raffaele,

W.r.t your query, I have gone through it and tried to replicate it. Few recommendations which I would like to suggest you which might cater to your needs are as follows:-

1) To have multiple sale orders and then issues several invoices, each one takes lines from multiple sale orders is possible in Odoo.

2) For this we need to follow few steps as follows :-

I) Firstly we need to configure in Sales Module our requirement of generating several invoices based on Sales Order lines. This can be done by following Setting>Configuration>Sales>Invoicing process> Generate invoices based on the sales order lines

II) Now once doing so we need to go to Settings>Users and here as per our requirement which User we would be used to create invoices we need to configure by following Settings>Users>Users>Technical Settings> Enable Invoicing Sales order lines

III) On doing so after confirming a Sales Quotation, when we create an Invoice we would get the option to create Invoices based on Some/Selected Sales Order Lines where we can select Line Item for which Invoice needs to be created.

In this way your query can be resolved and your requirements can be met.

Hope it helps

thank you for replying, in this way I'll invoice some lines from a SINGLE sale order; this does not address the original question: to invoice, in a SINGLE invoice, sale order lines from MULTIPLE sale orders.

on 2/22/16, 4:41 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/14/15, 12:43 PM
Seen: 1454 times
Last updated: 7/16/16, 5:12 AM