Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I have successfully migrated my openerp 7 databases to odoo 8.
I am running odoo from docker using the official docker hub image.
Everything is fine except my customer invoices do not print correctly : I have no header and footer at all (all my company information is basically gone.
I guess this is due to the Qweb reporting scheme so I tried to dig a little into that, modifying the reports.
I followed th odoo guide tutorial at http://odoo.guide/odoo-report-design-basics/ which is not very helpfull as I am continuously stuck in server errors with missing documents (see my stack overflow question on the subject http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32078894/impossible-to-create-a-custom-report-in-odoo-8
I tried to modify the external_layout_header manuall to see what happens with no success again.
I need possible tracks to follow from there, either a simple, no python coding required, documentation to understand why the inital installation does not find out the company header information, or a way to find out what actual document is not found by odoo server when the trace says there is a missing document.
Thanks in advance,
Odoo 8 introduced a new model `res.font` and also a new Many2One relational field at `res.company` that references a particular font record, please see here:
This new field has a default value defined (when no value is provided) but it's not required:
Preexisting `res.company` records in a database migrated from v7 to v8 will have None/null for this field.
New company records will have the field appropriately defined because the create/update form has been updated to set this field:
The missing document error usually appears when code traverses a relational field which is evaluated to None/null.
You may try editing your company record in order to appropriately set the font field and try again.
Please let us know if this fixes your issue.
I also noted that font names in templates changed from v7 to v8, most likely by the introduction of the `res.font` model. Compare the following sources, where we have "DejaVu Sans" for v7 and "DejaVuSans" for v8:
And here are their corresponding definitions for v7 and v8:
I think you will also need to update your font references to correct them.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 8/18/15, 1:36 PM|
|Seen: 1031 times|
|Last updated: 11/9/15, 10:20 AM|