Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invoice Webkit Report still doesn't work. "Mako Error"

Mohammad Zi
on 8/6/13, 1:43 AM 1,730 views

I have been trying to figure out how webkit works but still can't even run the sample reports.

After I had the error of "partner.address not found" I changed the template recommended by someone in the forum.

Now when I create a test invoice and validate it , By clicking on the print button I receive below error message:

Webkit render! Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/report_webkit/webkit_report.py", line 266, in create_single_pdf **self.parser_instance.localcontext) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/template.py", line 412, in render return runtime._render(self, self.callable_, args, data) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/runtime.py", line 767, in _render return context._pop_buffer().getvalue() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/util.py", line 200, in getvalue return self.delim.join(self.data).encode(self.encoding, TypeError: sequence item 142: expected string or Unicode, bool found

I really don't know why it is so complicated to run a test report. I hope to be able to findout how to run this by the help of community.

Do you have any idea what is wrong with this report engine ?

Thank you.

I'm getting the exact same error, except the line numbers are different. Otherwise, the same. Frustrating...

Thinkwell Designs, Dave Burkholder
on 8/6/13, 5:35 PM

I have read this comment in other posts about webkit "Fully compliant with OpenERP, the WebKit report is a revolutionary toolkit allowing OpenERP users to generate clean, sharp and sophisticated PDF reports in a very intuitive way" My experience is not in accordance with this comment. I hope to be able to finally run the test report.

Mohammad Zi
on 8/7/13, 1:42 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 8/6/13, 1:43 AM
Seen: 1730 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM