This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I have a problem with payment of customer invoice.

I click on the button 'Register Payment' and give the full amount in the field 'Paid amount' of the wizard.

When I click on Pay, then nothing as changed, and the invoice remains in the state 'Open'.

What could provoke this ? Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Victor

Discard
Author

EDIT : This answer has been created unintentionally from me, and I cant delete it. Yes I have, so I disabled it, but nothing changed, the wizard disappears anyway

Best Answer

Generally the invoice will remain open as long as it is not paid or not delivered. Is the delivery done (where applicable)? Also, is the boolean "paid" checked on the invoice? If that is correct, the payment lines should be containing at least one record of your payment.

Discard
Author

Thx for your reply. Delivery is not applicable in my case. But i figured out that the source document of the invoice does not exist anymore. Could this be the origin of the problem ? If I recall the checkbox 'paid' should be checked automatically when register payment is done. (In my case the checkbox remains not checked)

That seems correct indeed. I do not know if the source document does anything with that. Perhaps it does to check the related SO and confirm that as well? Does it create a payment line in the invoice? If it does, does it also create a record for reconciliation?

Author

Nope it does not create a payment line...

Author

Another clue maybe, when I submit the payment wizard a field 'Payment difference' briefly appears, with the option 'Keep open' selected. Then the wizard disappears in short time.

Do you have any ad-blocker-alike program running? The wizard you are referring to should indeed pop-up and would allow you to save and reconcile (hence the option "keep open").

Author

Yes I have, so I disabled it, but nothing changed, the wizard disappears anyway. But I found as many entries as I tried to full pay the invoice in Journal Vouchers