This question has been flagged

Hi all,

In our business, we sell products to retailers. Some products are articles for end clients, some others are point of sale materials (demo products, testers, etc.). Both end clients articles and point of sale materials are all sold to retailers.

We are aware retailers need demo products and testers to promote our products. So, we "offer" some of them up to a percentage of the ordered amount of end client articles.  To "offer" these products, we add a "refund" line of the amount we want to offer. As a result, there is for example 100.00 € invoiced for demo products and -100.00 € refunded. This deferral results in a zero-rated operation.

Up to now, invoices were created manually out of Odoo and adding this discount line was easy. Moreover, we only invoice delivered products (the ordered quantities and the delivered quantities may vary)

To reproduce the same in Odoo, we plan to mix both articles (to impact stocks) and services (to have a line on quotations and invoices but no impacts in stocks). The service line would be 1 unit of a positive amount with a 200% discount applied in order to make its total amount displayed negative on both quotations and invoices.

We are facing an issue as invoices are created on delivery. As services cannot be "delivered", we are unable to invoice them and our retailers would get a invoice greater than what we expect to charge them for real.

Do you have an idea to address this issue and keep information clear on both quotations and invoice? Maybe are we missing something?

Thanks.

Discard

Why don't you simply use discounts?

Author

@Ermin, I'm not asking how to do it another way, my question is: how to invoice services when mixed with products on the same quotation with invoicing after delivery?

Nevertheless, to answer your question, 3 reasons :

1. As exposed above, we need to have our products valuated on quotations and invoices at full price.

2. We may apply a discount up to a percentage of the global end clients products amount but it's too complicated. Example: if an invoice contains end products for 8.600€, testers (let's say 6 different references) for 640 € and we allow up to 5% of 8.600 € of free testers (ie. a 430 € discount value), don't you think it's easier to add a discount line with a 430 € negative value instead of trying to apply a discount percentage on the 6 lines of each tester reference? I let you proceed with the calculations...

3. From a marketing point of view it's better for our retailers to know the amount we offer instead of diluting it in discount percentages

I rephrase my question: how to invoice both services and products on quotations when Odoo is configured to invoice delivered items and services are not deliverable?