This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We're having major invoice layout issues. Basically, the invoices we make via our Accounting app are completely screwed up. They are ugly, don't have any header, the footer is messed up and our bank statement (ie the bank account to which our clients should send the money) doesn't appear anywhere.

Sadly I can't show a picture nor a link to a picture (need 30 karma) to illustrate how it looks like. If there is a way around that let me know.

We've been looking all over to find where we can edit the layout, no chance.

Can anyone help with this? It's pretty urgent.

Discard
Author

SO, this is extremely frustrating. We have been able to apply the template to the invoices, but ONLY when they are saved as drafts. As soon as we validate them, or send them via email to the client, the layout is completely messed up again. Would appreciate any help on this really...

Best Answer

Hi Guy

This can come from two problems.
1) If you have Wkhtml version 0.12.2.x footers etc will not work. This is a problem Odoo is currently working on as you can see here: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/4938
If this is your issue simply downgrade to version 0.12.1.x and things will be fixed.

2) Your internal network is messing the logic from Odoo and prevents Odoo from loading the CSS for the reports. This is an easy fix though. Go to settings > Parameters > Technical parameters and create a new one like this:

This new report.url will tell Odoo that you're on a localhost and will allow you to load the CSS.

Either solution one or two should fix your problem and I bet it is problem #2.

Discard

http://0.0.0.0:8069 is not always working. the following did the trick however: http://127.0.0.1:8069

Author Best Answer

Hi Yenthe,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm not really understanding your 2nd point though. Which settings should I go to? I can't seem to find the System Parameters.

Also might be important to note that my odoo install isn't on local, it's installed on a VPS.

Actually yesterday everything worked more or less perfectly (we had header etc. No bank account details showed on the invoice, but the rest was good). Today the server crashed and we had to restore our latest backup, which we made this morning before the crash. Since then it's not working properly. We are on ubuntu 14.04, if that can help you figure stuff out.

Thanks again for the help!

PS: I speak french and my install is in french as well. I see you're belgian, if you speak french too you could let me know how to work things out in french that might be easier for both of us!

Discard

Hmm if you had a crash and things worked fine in the past I can't guarantee this will fix it. Are you on the admin account or another? Do you have technical features enabled? If not then check on the technical feature under settings > users then open up your user and check technical features. You should then see settings > parameters > technical parameters

Author

I tried your solution #2, but it didn't change anything. I created the new report.url, except since our odoo is on a private server I put the IP of the server instead of the localhost. I assume that was the right thing to do. Any other ideas? I can't even find where the template is supposed to be. All I want to do is edit it. Thank you for your help.

You should really use 0.0.0.0 in place of localhost. Odoo cannot paarse localhost to 0.0.0.0 and then get to the CSS. However this probably wont fix your problems.. Sounds like another big problem. Give it a try to be sure though.