This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I have company supports multi currencies.

Base currency is INR.

Invoice raised in USD but customer did payment to me in EUR.

How to reconcile my invoice and payment in this case?

Discard

Hello this feature odoo give by default. if you make the payment (same or different currency) then also inside invoice you will get notification for the outstanding payment at bottom of the total amount. (there is button for 'Add')

Best Answer

Was the above query resolved or any solution to this.

Discard
Best Answer

You register the payment in the currency you received. Most likely you will have difference to the invoice value. Then you can choose to set the invoice as fully paid, and post the difference to an agio account.

Discard
Author

I tried that. But invoice & payment did not got reconciled. I have to manually pass a new exchange difference entry to reconcile my invoice,payment, and exchange entry. WHY?

I made a short training document on how to. This is the easiest way to register invoice fully paid. As the currency rate will never actually match, you have to post the difference. In my example I do have a bank account in the currency of te invoice. if you don't have that, you must enter the value that is actually posted in the bank account as paid amount. Not what the customer sent. The alternative is to enter manually an account entry. That can also be usefull if you need to post special bank charges in addition to currency rate differences.

Here is a link to the document on One Drive:

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AkLoxMFAPHd-m0Etd9kdtxXSwH2W?e=scwbpY

best luck

I think I might have made a mistake. The process i descibed work. But - you should always register the payment in the currency in your bank account. And the amount that is debet your bank. Because - if you don't the bank reconcilition will be more difficult.

Best Answer

Hello Shashank Verma​, 

Please watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23qIXIY8YI​ 

for Multi-currency in odoo .

Thanks & Regards,

Aasif Ghanchi

Discard
Author

This video shows invoice and payment received in USD. My query is different, my invoice is in USD but i receive payment in EUR. How to achieve this?