This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have noticed a weird behavior in invoicing - once I validate my invoice the balance section doubles the original cost. Any idea why this might be happening? It seems like some other people have come across this problem too, but I can't find any real resolution. One suggestion is to change the chart of accounts from the US Chart to a General Chart of Accounts, but I can't figure out how to do that either. Any insight? Thanks!

Discard

What is the Income account(s) set on the Product(s) on the Invoice?

Author

'479100 Sales'

And what is the type and internal type of that account?

Author

Internal Type : Regular | Account Type: Income

Is this a Supplier Invoice or a Customer Invoice?

@Alex Could you be more specific as to which screen or view you are looking at and discovering a "supposed" duplication: if the view is accounting entries this is normal because it shows whatever entries are in the accounting system; such a view should not show any totals. But viewing the "trial balance" should confirm that each account used for the P/L entries is only showing ONE entry and the A/P A/R accounts showing a debit AND a credit balancing to zero

Author

This is a customer invoice. The flow here is Create a SO Quotation -> Convert to a SO -> Create and View Invoice from that SO. When I look at the invoice the total is (for example) $240.00, but after Validating that invoice, the Balance becomes $480.00. When I attempt to register payment for the invoice it defaults to $480.00, and doesn't register as Paid unless I register the customer as paying $480.00, without selecting one of the 'Reconcile Payment Balance' options. Perhaps this is just a misunderstanding about the way the accounting system works, as I do not personally have a background in accounting. Thanks for the help!

Author

Thanks for your help guys, but it was an operator error. I had the wrong accounts plugged in for accounts payable/receivable. I guess that's what happens when you have the IT guy mess with accounting features ; )

Alex, mentioned the same cause a week ago in the answer!

Best Answer

Alex,

This might be the case when the taxes have the accounts payable on cust invoice related taxes, similar for recvble on supp invoice.

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

I had experienced this issue before. I solved this by remove an account from the Price Diference field (I don't use it anyways) in the product or catagories property (leave the field empty). Maybe your Prince Difference account is set to an Expense type. Try set it to other account type than Expense.

Discard