Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invoice and Refund details is broken

By
Carlton Guc
on 5/26/15, 2:27 PM 484 views

I just created a new customer and a new order/invoice for that customer.    When viewing the customer record I see the correct balance on that record (850.00 Invoiced) in the buttons on the right of the customer record.

Clicking on 850.00 Invoiced I see the invoices for the customer as expected.

Next, I create a credit memo for $75 of the original invoice.   It appears to be correct and when I view the customer record I now see (750.00 Invoiced), but when I click on that button to take me to the invoices for the customer I see that the new total is $900 where I would have expected it to be $750.00

Is this a bug or am I not posting a credit the correct way? 

Did you create the credit memo via the Customer Refunds menu? With a positive amount?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/26/15, 10:49 PM
Carlton Guc
On 5/27/15, 9:18 AM

What appears wrong is the logic on the Customers/{A Customer}/Invoices list view. It's showing credits as a positive and adding up the total the wrong way. So the end result is a much higher number than what should be in the "Total".

For example, I created an invoice for $20,000 and a credit for $20,000. The top level customer From shows 0 as the total, but when I click on that button, I see two entries in the list for $20,000 and the grand total is $40,000 where it should be showing 0.

We have resolved this by modifying the logic for the Accounting Module. I've modified it in our trunk of Odoo and submitted a request for it to be pulled into the main source code. If you have this problem and would like a solution, drop me a note.

Inline Technology Services, Carlton Guc
on 7/10/15, 2:48 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/26/15, 2:27 PM
Seen: 484 times
Last updated: 5/27/15, 9:18 AM