This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I just created a new customer and a new order/invoice for that customer.    When viewing the customer record I see the correct balance on that record (850.00 Invoiced) in the buttons on the right of the customer record.

Clicking on 850.00 Invoiced I see the invoices for the customer as expected.

Next, I create a credit memo for $75 of the original invoice.   It appears to be correct and when I view the customer record I now see (750.00 Invoiced), but when I click on that button to take me to the invoices for the customer I see that the new total is $900 where I would have expected it to be $750.00

Is this a bug or am I not posting a credit the correct way? 

Discard

Did you create the credit memo via the Customer Refunds menu? With a positive amount?

Author Best Answer

What appears wrong is the logic on the Customers/{A Customer}/Invoices list view. It's showing credits as a positive and adding up the total the wrong way. So the end result is a much higher number than what should be in the "Total".

For example, I created an invoice for $20,000 and a credit for $20,000. The top level customer From shows 0 as the total, but when I click on that button, I see two entries in the list for $20,000 and the grand total is $40,000 where it should be showing 0.

Discard
Author

We have resolved this by modifying the logic for the Accounting Module. I've modified it in our trunk of Odoo and submitted a request for it to be pulled into the main source code. If you have this problem and would like a solution, drop me a note.