Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invitation email to newly created user

By
Sharif Sayfulloev
on 3/13/14, 1:04 PM 2,066 views

Hi

I've searched here and googled, but couldn't find any solution.

The situation is that I have OpenERP installed on Debian. As outgoing email I'm using Potfix + Mandrill. As administrator all email are going out smoothly, but there is strange behavior I've noticed. When I'm adding new user and trying to send an Invitation email there is OpenERP Warning popup appears which says: "Cannot send email: no outgoing email server configured. You can configure it under Settings/General Settings."

When I go Settings/General Settings and hit Test Connection it says: Connection Test Succeeded!

Everything seems properly set up!"

As I wrote before from the administrator account all emails going out.

I've checked company's settings, the company's email is also set up properly.

I have no clue what is the reason of this.

Does anybody here also encountered with situation like this?

Thanks Sharif

Post the content of your openerp-server.log

Med Said BARA
on 3/13/14, 3:42 PM
Sharif Sayfulloev
On 3/13/14, 3:49 PM

Hi

Found the solution

I've access to OpenERP as subdomain on one of our websites. and in Postfix Configuration there was line

mydestination = subdomain.website.net localhost localhost.localdomain localhost website.net

Then I deleted the last website.net and reloaded Postfix config. Now all emails go smoothly!

Good Information.

Med Said BARA
on 3/13/14, 4:27 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/14, 1:04 PM
Seen: 2066 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM