Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

inverse relation for fields.Reference

orm
By
Tamás Dombos
on 8/19/16, 6:41 PM 444 views

You can use One2many to get a reference to all the records that reference the record with a Many2one field. Is there a similar inverse field for the Reference field type?

can you elaborate a bit more?

Ajeet Yadav
on 8/20/16, 12:32 AM

I have a model with a fields.Reference that can refer to rows from 6 models. I want an inverse reference from some of those 6 models back to the original one.

Tamás Dombos
on 8/20/16, 3:15 PM
Tamás Dombos
On 8/20/16, 3:08 PM

ayman mohammed adam
On 8/20/16, 3:40 AM

\

dear Tamás Dombos
yes you can do it.
 as example you have:
- model1 and model 2.
field_model2= many2one with model1
field_model1= one2many with model2 by field_model2
I hope I helped you.

The question concerned the fields.Reference that allows you to refer to rows of several models, not Many2one that only allows you to refer to rows of one model.

Tamás Dombos
on 8/20/16, 3:06 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/16, 6:41 PM
Seen: 444 times
Last updated: 8/20/16, 3:16 PM