Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inventory Valuation setup

By
Rob Vissers
on 8/25/14, 1:36 PM 1,902 views

I'm testing openERP to see what is possible with the program for my brother's startup. I'm a financial controller working (or have worked) with Exact, Dynamics NAV and SAP

I'm having trouble with the Inventory Valuation in openERP. In all help articles I find that I should set the Inventory valuation on the product to real_time. I don't have that option. Is this because I have latest version installed? I don't see this mentioned anywhere that it's not there anymore.

I have installed Accounting, Purchases, Sales and Warehouse apps

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 8/25/14, 3:56 PM

Hi Rob Vissers, 

No it isn't because of the latest version. You missed to allow you the right usability access. Go to 

Setting -> Users -> Users -> (Choose user and open form view) -> Access Right Tab-> Manager inventory valuation(set it True)

Good work

Thanks, this got me out of error "Inventory valuation" missing when saving product!

Sprint IT, Marko Happonen
on 9/25/14, 11:05 AM
Rob Vissers
On 8/26/14, 11:34 AM

Hi Koffi,

Tried your advice, but I don't have a field Manager Inventory Valuation.

I have the fields: Sales, Warehouse, Accounting and Finance, Purchases, HR, Sharing, Administration. Almost all set to "Manager".

The check boxes I have are: Multi Companies, Technical Features, Contact Creation, Anonymous and Portal.

Am I missing something?

Kyle Krenzer
On 8/26/14, 1:27 PM

In the product details screen, under the accounting tab, there is the option to set inventory valuation to real time.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/25/14, 1:36 PM
Seen: 1902 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM