This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi all!

I have a concern about inventory valuation. I understood that only 3 methods are available:

- Standard price where the inventory valuation is based on fixed price at product level

- Average price where the inventory valuation is adjusted/averaged according to purchase prices

-Real price, where the inventory valuation is based on actual purchase prices and adjusted according FIFO or LIFO method for removals.

Actually for one of our main products, none of these methods are convenient.

We buy this product used (not new) at prices which can vary a lot from one to another depending of the product state / condition. These products are identified by a serial number. We need that the inventory valuation is based on real values of the serial number in our stock.

In other words, we need to have the inventory valuation based on purchase prices but also to remove the actual value of product/serial number sold.

Can we do this in Odoo? If not any idea or method to get / develop a workaround? 

Edit: I found the name of the method I need: "Specific Identification" method which is a recognized Inventory valuation. Apparently Odoo does not handle this method which is very annoying for us.

Discard
Best Answer

in inventory costing Odoo used IFRS and GAAP methods, they can not invent new costing methods

Discard
Best Answer

In v12 if you check your inventory setting with Lots & Serial Numbers and for product you set traceability By Unique Serial Number, with real_time you have what you want.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Steeve. Did you ever find a solution for this? We also use specific identification costing... 

Discard