This question has been flagged
9 Replies

Three warehouses exist in the system,

Main Warehouse, Warehouse A and Warehouse B.

Stock lies in Main Warehouse, say 10 Nos.

I  want to transfer 3 Nos from Main Warehouse to A and later transfer 1 No from A to B.

How can I configure the same in Odoo?

I need Transit Warehouse in-between Source and Destination.

Discard
Best Answer

Create a location with transit type, Odoo already have this built in functionality.

Once your location will be created create internal moves, choose source as an A and desination as an B, after that create 2dn move and set source as an transit and destination with B. In this way you can transfer your stock from warehouse A to B using transit. and you can also keep track that howmuch total qty. is in transit location.

Hope this will help.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your reply..

I did not understand by '2dn' move, can you elaborate it

Best Answer

You can also use resupply warehouse. So when one warehouse needs goods it automatically transferred from another/main warehouse. 

Discard
Author

Thank you for your reply.It is not resupply.. The user needs to move back slow moving items back to warehouse.

User needs to receive it physically at destination.

I am not talking about automatic transfer. But it creates moves accordingly so user can transfer manually. The main warehouse get notification(delivery order) to deliver goods to child warehouse. And Child warehouse have a Incoming receipt that is in waiting.

So the flow like,

Stock -> Customers

Transit -> Stock

WH2 -> Transit

Author

Thank you, This is the Case Study..

A Company has a main Warehouse and 2 outlets. All locations are 50 km apart.

Stock in Main Warehouse is Product A 10 Qty, Product B 10 Qty.

Stock in Outlet 1 is Product A 20 Qty, Product B 20 Qty.

Stock in Outlet 2 is Product A 15 Qty, Product B 15 Qty.

Now company may require to send Product A 5 Qty of Stock from Outlet 2 to Outlet 1.

First the stock is send form Outlet 2 to Transit

Journal Entry:

Stock in Transit (debit)

Stock in Outlet 1 (credit)

While receiving at Outlet 1

Stock in Outlet 1 (debit)

Stock in Outlet 2 (credit)

Accounting entry is required.

--------------------------------------

Kindly help me how to configure as you suggested in the comments.

When you say transfer between same warehouse locations, then there is no any transit. But still if you want, then you can configure like below,

When you want to transfer, create Internal Transfer from Outlet1 -> Transit

Define one push rule(create route and apply on warehouse, Transit -> Outlet2), so when you have some goods in transit it automatically create move(receipt Transit -> Outlet2).

Best Answer

You can create a procurement rules.

\Procurement Rule 

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/inventory/routes/concepts/procurement_rule.html

Discard
Best Answer

For

Main Warehouse, Warehouse A and Warehouse B.

Stock lies in Main Warehouse, say 10 Nos.

I  want to transfer 3 Nos from Main Warehouse to A and later transfer 1 No from A to B.

How can I configure the same in Odoo?

I need Transit Warehouse in-between Source and Destination."

Have you tried creating a route using an appropriate push rule with Applicable on Warehouse ?

Discard