Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inventory Management with Barcode Scanner? How?

Gustavo Tenrreiro
on 4/1/15, 10:22 AM 1,973 views

We would like to use the Warehouse module and use barcode scanners to manage the inventory movements, locations.

For example a product comes in from our supplier We barcode it and label it. Then we would like to place it into a rack at a location, and reflect that in the inventory in Odoo. All using a barcode scanner. Can I do that with Odoo out of the box? if so can someome point me to the documentation, or something that would explain how it works? Are any of you doing this at your warehouse?

Eva Pinter
On 9/2/15, 4:51 PM

Hi Gustavo,

Version 8 supports barcode scanners out of the box. It's only that the way to use them is not very intuitive but, doable. I would encourage you to work with mERP Warehouse, a solution with optimised warehouse management processes.

Good luck

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 4/1/15, 10:22 AM
Seen: 1973 times
Last updated: 9/2/15, 4:51 PM