This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

Does the consumption of products from POS get reflected and adjusted automatically in the inventory module ?

In my understanding, odoo makes it possible for the inventory adjustment only for simple product like oranges, apples, chocolates....(as supermarket or shops) but do not cover the inventory adjustment of sub-products (ingredients) related to the product which is made for order on POS (in case of restaurant).
To be more clear, in case of restaurant, since they are selling dishes and not simple products, those dishes are composed from ingredients (ex : spaghetti composed from tomatoes, meat, cheese…), Is there anyway to make the inventory adjust the stock quantity of sub-products in an automatic way (in the example I’ve said : tomatoes, meat, cheese…, not spaghetti in itself).

I saw that there is a module of manufacturing which makes the possibility to create sub-product for a product through BOM.
I fully understand that this is rather for industrial field, but since restaurants also work with the same logic ==> a product (dish) has inside many sub-products (ingredients). So again, is there any way that odoo could go to the very deep level and adjust the stock level of ingredients (BOM sub-product) of a product (dish) whenever ordered from inside POS ????

I think this functionality is very mandatory for restaurant since they are selling dishes not simple items.
Thank you in advance for the clarification an support.

Discard

Is there sale order and Manufacturing order connected with your POS order? means your POS order followed by sales order?

Author Best Answer

Hello CV

Thank you for your answer.
I don't think so, i have made only orders from POS but no manufacturing order or sale order is done i think.
How to do that ? and if it is done will it adjust automatically the inventory for each POS order ?

***********************************************************************************************

I have found a way on how to do that.
First you should make your dish product, and inside of it you create a "Bill Of Materials" (BOM) which will contains sub-products(ingredients) and in the BOM there is one option called "BoM Type", you must set it to the value "Ship this product as a set of components (kit)", then when you make orders of dish product from inside POS, the inventory of the ingredients will get adjusted automatically.

I will mark my own answer as the correct one (Even though i am not sure if it is the right and correct way to implement it)
Kindest regards,

Discard