Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invalid XML Architecture when trying to create a view

on 2/6/13, 5:58 PM 1,599 views

I am getting a ValidateError when trying to install a custom module.

The complete error is the following

ERROR openerp3 openerp.tools.convert: Parse error in /openerp/addons/sim/sim_view.xml:39: 
except_osv: ('ValidateError', u'Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!')

The line is 39 and here is the view

<record model="ir.ui.view" id="buildings_form">
<field name="name">sim.buildings.form</field>
<field name="model">sim.buildings</field>
<field name="type">form</field>
<field name="arch" type="xml">
<form string="building">
<field name="name"/>
<field name="student_name"/>
<field name="father_name"/>
<field name="gender"/>
<field name="contact_no"/>

Do you see something strange with that XML? What else should I be looking at as the possible cause of the error.

Thanks! and by the way, I think the new idea of switching to Q&A is wonderful for the community, thanks!

It would be good to be able to comment on other people answers. In my case besides the answer by jcdrubay I found out that a long _description was preventing OpenERP to create my table thus causing the error

on 2/7/13, 12:15 AM
Jean-Charles Drubay
On 2/6/13, 10:56 PM

Which version of OpenERP are you using? If version 6, I do not know. In version 7: you should remove this line:

<field name="type">form</field>

Also, you shoud Replace :

<form string="building">

<form string="Building" version="7.0">

Then, few other things like: using the tags <sheet> and <group>. You can find some examples in the crm modules in addons.

Hi jean, May you explain what are the other differences in openerp 7. in groups and sheets or can you tell me I can find more information regarding updating updating openerp 7.0 modules?

on 2/26/13, 5:56 AM

Sorry for late reply. You will find quite a lot of good information here: https://doc.openerp.com/trunk/server/form-view-guidelines/

Trobz, Jean-Charles Drubay
on 6/7/13, 8:29 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 2/6/13, 5:58 PM
Seen: 1599 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM