Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xff openerp 8

By
Jagdish Panchal
on 4/8/14, 8:22 AM 2,022 views

Hi,

When I try edit any image or text from website getting bellow issue.

invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xff

Any help.

Sounds like a basic installation problem. Like your windows code page setting or something. If you do a clean install in some other machine, like a virtual machine in VMWare, Virtual Box, etc. does it still happen?

Martin
on 4/8/14, 8:48 AM

My postgressql version is 8.4.3 its ok for openerp 8 ?

Jagdish Panchal
on 4/8/14, 8:53 AM

I have upgrade postgressql also and install new openerp 8 but getting same error.

Jagdish Panchal
on 4/8/14, 10:38 AM

What operating system?

Martin
on 4/8/14, 2:28 PM

Hi. I'm having the exact same problem, installed on CentOS 6.4

Jarryd Putter
on 4/14/14, 5:08 AM

Hi Jarryd Putter : have got any solution ?

Jagdish Panchal
on 4/14/14, 5:17 AM

Not at this point in time, I'm busy experimenting in containers at the moment, and will let you know if I come up with anything!

Jarryd Putter
on 4/14/14, 5:24 AM

OpenERP testing doesn't catch all errors. It could be that trying a different nightly will eliminate the problem. Are you running any kind of virtual machine environment? If I were you, I would try the latest nightly in a fresh Ubuntu installation in a virtual machine. If it's fine, then reinstall for your required OS.

Martin
on 4/14/14, 7:52 AM
Felix Villafranca
On 12/31/15, 11:04 AM

Hello;

I have the same issue.

All other modules works perfectly; even Blogs, where I can post anything.

My environment is : Debian 7 64 bits, PostgreSQL 9.1 and Odoo 9.0 (download from git)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/14, 8:22 AM
Seen: 2022 times
Last updated: 12/31/15, 11:05 AM