Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Invalid Action Error while deleting a period

sneha antony
on 4/8/14, 5:00 AM 1,418 views

I want to create new financial year in openerp from april 1 2014 to march 31 2015.I already have financial years created there.When I try to create a new financial year and save it and then click on Create Monthly Periods,the following error occurs. ValidateError

Error occurred while validating the field(s) date_stop: Error! The period is invalid. Either some periods are overlapping or the period's dates are not matching the scope of the fiscal year.

I was not able to detect the cause of this issue and tried to delete certain periods from the previous financial year so that the dates dont overlap.But when trying to delete certain periods of the previous financial years it shows the error,Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: Bank Statement - account.bank.statement]

and when I try to close a period it shows

Invalid Action!

In order to close a period, you must first post related journal entries.

I am in a confused state and dont know what to do as my financial year is not working well.Somebody please help in solving these issues.

hi.. did you made any payments after april 1

on 4/8/14, 5:23 AM

Yes.I have made lots of payments after april.

sneha antony
on 4/8/14, 6:16 AM

Now i need to create a financial year for this economic year from april 1 2014 to march 31 2015.

sneha antony
on 4/8/14, 6:22 AM

My requirement is I want to create a financial year from april 2014-march 2015 and the periods which include in the last financial year should not overlap with the periods which are going to create now.Also the closing balance of the last year should be transferred to the next financial year.

sneha antony
on 4/8/14, 7:12 AM

| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo

On 4/9/14, 2:29 PM

Sorry i will answer in french.

Les principes comptables exigent la continuité des exercies fiscaux. Donc vous ne pouvez commencer un exercice N+1 que lorsque l'exercice N est fini. OpenERP du fait de sa grande flexible permet de créer plusieurs exercies fiscaux et d'enregistrer des écritures comptables parallèlement dans ces exercices fiscaux. Cependant il contrôle la continuité des exercices grâce aux fonctionnalités de périodes liées aux exerices fiscaux. Vous convenez avec moi que votre besoin va en contradiction avec ce principe comptable fondamentale! Si OpenERP permettait de paramétrer votre besoin les experts comptables se méfieraient de lui.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/8/14, 5:00 AM
Seen: 1418 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM