Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Internet Explorer not loading the login page

By
Kibong Moon
on 12/10/14, 4:15 AM 860 views

Is anybody familiar with a problem that Internet Explorer fails to load Odoo pages?

My client complains error like "log error debug info warn assert clear dir dirxml trace group".

I'm sorry that I couldn't replicate the problem myself and couldn't capture exact debug log.

He uses Windows 7 and IE8.0.7601. Plus, his computer has company proprietary security check program installed.

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 12/10/14, 4:54 AM

"log error debug info warn assert clear dir dirxml trace group" seems to be a list of method available for javascript console. Odoo itself did capture and process console.log so that it can be shown in it's error pop-up.  Maybe your client is using some browser plugins or other software  that changes the way javascript console works?

Or simply blocking javascript entirely, since Kibong Moon also pointed out that the page remains blank. Good thinking!

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/10/14, 10:07 AM

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 12/10/14, 4:30 AM

Perhaps your client is able to make a screenshot? We have several clients using win7 and IE to connect and have not had similair problems yet. Does it work on other browsers?

Kibong Moon
On 12/10/14, 4:41 AM

Ludo,

I've asked screenshots but he says the browser itself shows nothing.

My guess is that their proprietary security software causes the problem. But I needed some confidence before I assure him.

Thank you anyway.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/14, 4:15 AM
Seen: 860 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM