Odoo Help

Internet Explorer not loading the login page

By
Kibong Moon
on 12/10/14, 4:15 AM 1,166 views

Is anybody familiar with a problem that Internet Explorer fails to load Odoo pages?

My client complains error like "log error debug info warn assert clear dir dirxml trace group".

I'm sorry that I couldn't replicate the problem myself and couldn't capture exact debug log.

He uses Windows 7 and IE8.0.7601. Plus, his computer has company proprietary security check program installed.

Ivan
On 12/10/14, 4:54 AM

"log error debug info warn assert clear dir dirxml trace group" seems to be a list of method available for javascript console. Odoo itself did capture and process console.log so that it can be shown in it's error pop-up.  Maybe your client is using some browser plugins or other software  that changes the way javascript console works?

Or simply blocking javascript entirely, since Kibong Moon also pointed out that the page remains blank. Good thinking!

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/10/14, 10:07 AM
Ludo - Neobis
On 12/10/14, 4:30 AM

Perhaps your client is able to make a screenshot? We have several clients using win7 and IE to connect and have not had similair problems yet. Does it work on other browsers?

Kibong Moon
On 12/10/14, 4:41 AM

Ludo,

I've asked screenshots but he says the browser itself shows nothing.

My guess is that their proprietary security software causes the problem. But I needed some confidence before I assure him.

Thank you anyway.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/14, 4:15 AM
Seen: 1166 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM