Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Internal Service "postgresql-x64-9.2" does not start automatically - what can I do?

Kristina Birn
on 7/22/13, 8:17 AM 2,074 views

After sucessfully installing the local OpenERP version it took some time for me to figure out why I could not start the database. The simple reason: the required internal service "postgresql-x64-9.2" does not start automatically - although it is supposed to do so. As soon as I start it manually, everything works nicely.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? And found a solution other than starting that service manually everytime you reboot your PC? Is it possible that Avira is blocking that service for some reason?

Hard-/Software details: Lenovo Thinkpad T430u, Windows 7 Professional with SP1, 64-bit-System

Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative tools > Services. Scroll down to Postgresql. Right click, Properties > General Tab. Under Startup Type, choose Automatic. Under Log on tab, check, Local System Account. Leave off interaction with desktop. Thanks.

odimegwu david
on 7/22/13, 1:07 PM

Hello David, thanks for the response - but that is exactly the configuration I already chose (although I probably did not express myself clearly, sorry (not enough karma for screenshot uploads)). The Startup-Type is Automatic (has been from the start). So the problem seems to lie somewhere else. The necessary services this psotgresql depends upon are all started automatically...

Kristina Birn
on 7/25/13, 11:14 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/22/13, 8:17 AM
Seen: 2074 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM