Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Internal Barcodes

By
Mattingly Plumbing
on 4/7/16, 12:02 PM 330 views

Hi

I am trying to set up my warehouse using Odoo Online. Scanned-in barcodes seem to work fine but I cannot get my scanner to recognise an internally generated barcode.

There is an existing rule called "Product Barcodes" of Type "Unit Product" which has a ".*" barcode pattern and "Any" Encoding. I cannot understand why this would not catch any manually-generated barcode if it is not first found within the default EAN-13 rule.

If anyone could help, I would be most grateful.

Cheers, Laurence

Mattingly Plumbing
On 4/7/16, 12:34 PM

Thanks Grover

In the encoding options for the nomenclature rules, it allows selection of EAN-13 or "Any". Would this not remove the EAN-13 constraint?

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 4/7/16, 12:25 PM

Hello.

System only allows EAN13, I'm not sure if there is a development to bypass this. On many projects we removed that restriction so users can use their own codes, even alphanumeric codes. Please look for an app that does that.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/7/16, 12:02 PM
Seen: 330 times
Last updated: 4/7/16, 12:34 PM