Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Integrity Error while creating product [Closed]

By
Henning Hausenberg
on 8/8/13, 11:53 AM 2,704 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 08/12/2013 23:53:40

Hi there,

I can not create a new product cause of the following error:

Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: valuation - valuation]

I`ve already created six products without problems. And I still can edit the existing ones without problems. But I cannot create a new one. I did not make any changes to the template. The mandatory fields are "Product Name", "Category" and "Product Type" and all are filled out correctly.

Any help?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/8/13, 5:25 PM

valuation is a field on the Accounting tab with the label Inventory Valuation.

This is also mandatory.

(MOVED FROM ANSWER TO COMMENT) Hey,

thanks for your response. In the Accounting tab there are the following fields "Income Account", "Expense Account", "Customer Taxes" and "Supplier Taxes". That`s all - nothing like Inventory Valuation and none of them are mandatory.

Also the product is a service. Does an Inventory Valuation make sense in this case?

KR

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/9/13, 3:55 PM

Services don't use valuation. If you don't see Inventory Valuation, something isn't right with your configuration because OpenERP is acting like it should be there because it is checking for a value. Do you have any non-code warehouse modules installed? Or any other non-code modules that affect products? What is the difference between the products you were able to create and the one you can't?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/9/13, 3:57 PM

Thank you. There was a bug while installing warehouse management. We could fix it.

Henning Hausenberg
on 8/12/13, 6:59 AM
Henning Hausenberg
On 8/9/13, 4:36 AM

Hey,

thanks for your response. In the Accounting tab there are the following fields "Income Account", "Expense Account", "Customer Taxes" and "Supplier Taxes". That`s all - nothing like Inventory Valuation and none of them are mandatory.

Also the product is a service. Does an Inventory Valuation make sense in this case?

KR

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/8/13, 11:53 AM
Seen: 2704 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM