Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

integrity error while creating Invoice

By
Mike Lindsay
on 4/8/13, 10:37 PM 5,637 views

Just starting to test V7 today. This is with a blank install. I successfully created customers, products, and sales orders. After confirming the sales order, and completing the Delivery Order, I click Create Invoice, and get this message;

Integrity Error

The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following:
- deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it
- creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: account_id - account.id]

I assume I just haven't completed setup of something. Any ideas what I missed?

Mike Lindsay
On 4/16/13, 10:33 PM

Somehow I installed invoicing and payments, but ended up with Accounting module not even installed. That was the issue.

Gustavo
On 4/9/13, 6:05 AM

I would check the following items:

• accounting journals
  • properties for your products in sales: check that in the accounting tab of your products

+1 - this is usually because the product your are trying to invoice has no income account.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/9/13, 4:39 PM

I set income accounts for the items parent category. I will try to double check this today though, been a little busy.

Mike Lindsay
on 4/12/13, 4:47 PM
Peter
On 6/21/13, 1:53 PM

This happens if the Customer you are selling to, has no Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tied to his profile.

To be on the safe side, configure an expense and income accounts for the Saleable Product.

Thanks a lot. I was getting this error on Purchase Orders also and I couldn't figure out what to do as I had Income / Expense accounts for the products. Here I missed AP / AR accounts for the Vendor. Fixed that and my problem was resolved.

Thinkwell Designs, Dave Burkholder
on 7/26/13, 10:10 AM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 4/9/13, 5:02 AM

The answer is already in the message. Somehow the invoice is missing an id for the account, which is a obligated field. You probably have not setup something for accounting (for example which financial book does the invoice have to be mapped in order for the financial department to process it correctly). Have you installed any financial modules and have you specified which kind of bookkeeping you want to use?

Jordan Vrtanoski
On 11/10/14, 3:07 PM

I had same problem. My solution was to install the Accounting module and to set-up the "Income Account" and "Expense Account" for the product, as well as the accounts for the customer.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/8/13, 10:37 PM
Seen: 5637 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM