Odoo Help

"Integrity Error" [object with reference: variant_model_name - variant.model.name]

By
Michael Scorpio
on 6/16/15, 2:21 PM 754 views

I'm new to Odoo and at the stage of familiarising myself with it so that I can evaluate it for our business. I've been able to add products and variants, but I now find myself unable to add new products. I get a message; "Integrity Error" [object with reference: variant_model_name - variant.model.name]. I have my suspicions that the problem came about after a failed install of Product Variant Multi, which it seems maybe I never needed in the first place. I've done an uninstall, but concerned that there might be artifacts causing the failure. Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, I did an update of the warehouse module and this seems to have fixed it. I am however concerned that I had this issue at all and I'd still like to understand exactly what happened and why. In assessing Odoo, I need to be sure that the product is stable and if an app causes a problem, that it can be removed without trashing the whole system. I'd very much like to hear the thoughts of others.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/16/15, 2:21 PM
Seen: 754 times
Last updated: 6/17/15, 2:27 PM