Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[Integration] Does anyone have any experience in setting synchronisation between [8.0] Odoo + [7.0/7.6+] Open-Xchange Integration of CardDAV, CalDAV, Drive/Storage, Tasks, Word/Text, Spreadsheet/Calc?

Luke Branch
on 4/2/15, 11:46 PM 833 views

I've just installed Open-Xchange Version 7 (http://www.open-xchange.com/demo), and i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience in connecting Open-Xchange [7.0+] and Odoo [8.0].

With all of the useful cloud-based office features like spreadsheets, word, along with 'drive' the storage option, webmail with multi-account support and contacts, calendars/tasks, and other features it looks like the AppSuite (Community Edition) would be the ideal partner to an Odoo implementation.

I'll be doing some testing and research into connectors myself, however if anyone else has any experience with using both platforms alongside each other I would be very interested to hear your insight/opinions. 

+1 for this great idea. This could be a new innovation for Odoo to be honest. Can I follow your progress somewhere? Has anything been tried yet? Provide us with some more details and thoughts! I'd like to hear more about this :)

on 10/7/15, 4:54 AM

Unfortunately I have not been able to commit any time to it, however if I am able to spend some time on it i'll definitely keep you updated.

It looks like @Renzo Meister is already working on something though, i'm definitely interested to see what he's worked on.

Luke Branch
on 10/9/15, 4:59 AM
Renzo Meister
On 10/7/15, 4:23 AM

Today we started implementing Open-Xchange Drive Integration with Odoo 8.0. document management (ir.attachment, document.directory). Currently we are working on following features:

• Definition of Directories (which are joined with odoo models) to sync with OX Drive

• Automatic Sync of files and subfolders between Odoo and OX Drive

• Replication of user groups and users from Odoo to OX (based on user groups selected in Odoo directories)

• Special Implementation for Project Module (automatic directory creation for project and tasks and project-based user group with team members inside).

A first alpha release should be deployed until end of october 2015.

I'm glad you've taken this project on. I'd be very interested to check out what you've worked on once it's ready for alpha release and testing.

Luke Branch
on 10/9/15, 7:02 AM

We have finished a first more or less stable release for file and folder sync (we call it beta...).

At the moment this module is used on our company and one of our customers also works with it since seven months.

If you are interested in testing it I will give you access to our bitbucket repository. At the moment I will not deploy it public because of current state... Can you send me a e-mail with your bitbucket account or your public key to rm@jamotion.ch?

Jamotion GmbH, Renzo Meister
on 7/15/16, 9:55 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 4/2/15, 11:46 PM
Seen: 833 times
Last updated: 10/9/15, 4:59 AM