Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Installing Openerp7 using RPM?

Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/10/14, 6:55 AM 541 views

Can anyone tell me the way to execute rpm script or commands in ubuntu?

I want to instal odoo7 using rpm

Rpm pack i found at http://nightly.odoo.com/7.0/nightly/rpm/

On 11/10/14, 9:21 AM

it is not best idea to install openerp in ubuntu from .rpm, while there is 'deb package; I would suggest to use .deb one.

on the other hand, if because of some reasons you want to user .rpm, install first rpm in ubuntu (apt-get install rpm), and then install .rpm package. no matter which package you will chose, after installation you would need to configure postgresql to be ready for first use/configuration of openerp (installation in linux is not 'out-of-the-box' like in windows)

this rom will have to converted to deb or will be directly installled? How to sintall this rpm?

Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/11/14, 1:42 AM

**this rpm will have to

Mazhar Iqbal Rana
on 11/11/14, 1:48 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/10/14, 6:55 AM
Seen: 541 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM