This question has been flagged
3 Replies

What are the steps to install Odoo v7.0 on a hosted domain (www.myhostedwebsite.com)?  I have a private site hosted by Dreamhost (Apache server) and would like to install the Odoo server & database on my private domain so it can be accessed while I'm on the road.

Or is this even possible?

Discard
Author

Right now it's a shared server - which I guess is next to impossible, or not recommended to install on due to lack of control.  But if possible, I'd like to know how to install in this environment for practice and knowledge gathering, if anything. If I upgrade to a VPS or dedicated server, what would the install steps be?

Best Answer

hi,

usually it is not possible to install OpenERP on a shared hosting. Search in this forum about what was said before.

If you need hosting, SISalp provides it for free and you can redirect an URL to it, for ex http://myerp.myhostedwebsite.com

There are many other cheap offers available.

You should go to your own install only if you know what you do and how to protect your data. Nevertheless, if  you want to do it, follow the documentations given above. I also published a script for automated install, just ask if you are interested in it.

regards

Discard