Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Installing Odoo 10 EE on RHEL

By
F.IT-Consult International bvba
on 11/16/16, 2:27 PM 174 views

I installed Odoo 10 CE on my laptop running Win7. 

Now trying to install Odoo 10 EE on a VM running CentOs7.

I am stuck after having started the odoo service

postgres database does not seem to be created, odoo user well though previously it was openpg

can not get hand on any decent documentation . Any help is welcome first objective is 

yes

my server is listening on 0.0.0.0 8069

odoo user is created is Postgres  but not the database

i only have command line access to the server and the link above - thanks Erwin - was followed but seem to end before the end so my question remains : where may I find a complete documentation providing answer to :

which .conf file should I update ?

how may I launch the db creation from command line?

rgds - JL

F.IT-Consult International bvba
on 11/18/16, 2:32 AM

Can you create a database with the database manager?

http://0.0.0.0:8069/web/database/manager

Ermin Trevisan
on 11/18/16, 4:26 AM

Hi Erwin , why should I ? creating the db would not be enough , it then has to be populated with tables and data , this is an Odoo installation script , right !

rgds

JL D

using netstat -tulpn

viewed postgres port was also linked to 0.0.0.0

tried from browser to connect to <vm ip address>:8069 . . . . and I got the Odoo page to create DB

do not know why this call works now  in any case can move forward with unrolling Odoo script for db creation

thanks for your reactions Erwin

rgds

JL

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 11/17/16, 1:19 AM

Did you follow the official installation instructions here: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/10.0/setup/install.html  ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/16/16, 2:27 PM
Seen: 174 times
Last updated: 11/18/16, 4:39 AM