Odoo Help

Installing an 'Online' module to a 7.0 local installation

By
Dat Tau
on 2/3/14, 9:35 PM 1,443 views

Hi I'm brand new to open erp, with a 7.0 local installation. I'm specifically trying to install the Gamification module on our local installation. When i try to install it, it says its lacking the 'kanban_gauge' dependency, which I pulled online. When i actually install the Kanban Gauge module, open erp completely breaks and won't load anymore. I noticed the Gamification and Kanban Gauge modules are only available for the Online and Trunk series, but not 7.0 or 6.1, so i'm assuming its breaking due to compatibility. 2 question. First why is the Kanban Gauge module breaking? There's just an openerp file that depends on the 'web_kanban' module (which is installed), and a couple of javascript files. Why would installing this cause openerp to not serve its pages anymore? Second, assuming its a compatibilty issues, how would i go about converting the Kanban and Gamification modules to be compatibile with 7.0?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 9
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 2/4/14, 12:32 AM

Answers:

1. Yes, the reason it doesn't work is due to compatibility between versions.
  2. If it was easy, we would have made it compatible. Why can't you open a .docx with Word 97?

Bottom line: don't install SaaS features locally. If you want those features, either go to the SaaS, or wait the release of the next LTS.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/3/14, 9:35 PM
Seen: 1443 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM