I am not a Linux guru. I can run the command line if I am told what to do but I do not have the skills or time to troubleshoot an installation of software. I've already spent WAY too much time on this instead of doing my actual job.
I installed apache, postgresql, and odoo. I point my browser to the server and I get the default apache page.
1) How do I get to Odoo?
2) How do I install modules?
3) Do I need to uncomment the admin access to the database in the config file?
4) Do I need to add an Odoo user to the postgresql database?
5) Is there somewhere that tells me step by step how to install this software?
6) We use Linux at work is because stuff is free and we have a guru but he is rather busy and I don't like to bug him to install new software for me all the time. At home I run MacOS because it is based on Unix (which I love) and I don't have the headaches associated with Linux. Is there an installation such that I don't need to configure anything and it just works (like Mac SW does)?
7) Does Odoo purposely make it hard so people will buy their product instead of going through the hassle of installing and maintaining the software? (color me cynical)
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/19/15, 10:11 PM|
|Seen: 599 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|