I have installed the OpenERP 7 from the community backports via github git clone --branch 7.0 https://github.com/OCA/OCB.git
I cloned into /opt/ocb/ocb-server so this is now a local git repository. I think the whole idea behing this is to be able to update my installation with a 'git merge' command. So far that is clear to me I guess.
What I's like to understand better is what would be the best practise toward Modules that will be added later.
- The addons folder is part of this initial local git repository and I wonder whether it is a good practice to 'git clone' (and generating new git repositories) other Modules "inside" of this inital one?
- how to handle modules that might be added through bzr (if they are not available on git for example) ?
Can anyone advise a best practice?
Basically, just check out each module repository as an "addons dir" on your odoo instance and use the "addons-path" parameter in the config file.
I.e. our instance has :
- /odoo = the official code
- /stock-logistics-warehouse = OCA modules about WMS
- /purchase-workflow = OCA modules about purchases
- /private = our private modules (covered by OPW)
- /numerigraphe = our published modules
- /bremskrel = modules we forked from Bremskrel's
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 7/25/14, 5:57 AM|
|Seen: 2729 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|