Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Install Openerp 7.0 on Mageia 4

By
Erbold Unursaikhan
on 10/1/14, 6:01 AM 648 views

Has anyone installed Openerp 7 on Mageia 4 ? 

1. Im new to Mageia and don't know the steps to install and I want to do some development on it.. 

2. In Mageia Control Center , I installed openerp server but its only ~ 70MB ? How come its only 70MB ? The source code in lauchpad is nearly 1GB.. 

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 10/1/14, 6:32 AM

OpenERP server by itself can be only 70 MB, that is not uncommen. The launchpad (or GitHub) source also contains the addons. This is what makes the packages so large.

I have not installed OpenERP on Mageia so I have no experience. I see through distrowatch that mageia is related to mandriva, which in turn is/was related to Red Hat. So if you look for a red hat installation guide and alter the details for your specific distro, it should be close to what you want to achieve.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/1/14, 6:01 AM
Seen: 648 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM