Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Install Odoo App

By
Brandon Gay
on 7/22/15, 4:00 PM 767 views

When I try to install an Odoo App, it takes me to - https://www.odoo.com/my/home.  The app doesn't install.  It wants me to login, but that does not seem to do anything to get the app installed either. 

How to get past this?

it is a community app from the app section under settings. This happens with all community apps. Non-community apps work fine. It is from the apps menu. I have restarted, but have not checked the logs. It does not seem to be throwing errors, and sends me to log in on the odoo.com page. When I log in, nothing happens.

Brandon Gay
on 7/22/15, 7:09 PM
Brandon Gay
On 7/22/15, 7:10 PM

it is a community app from the app section under settings. This happens with all community apps. Non-community apps work fine. It is from the apps menu. I have restarted, but have not checked the logs. It does not seem to be throwing errors, and sends me to log in on the odoo.com page. When I log in, nothing happens.

I appologize for the sloppyness, but I am new, and don't have enough karma to do anything,

Brandon

When someone asks me further information, such as below, how am I supposed to give that information when I don't have enough Karma to reply to their question.  I don't understand the need for Karma in order to comment.

To the last question on this: I got it from the app store in Odoo.  I am not sure how to download it.  The server has been restarted, but I have not looked at the log file.

Do you mind to tell me the name of one module? Are you using V8 or Master?

FEDERICO LEONI
on 7/23/15, 7:47 AM

I am using V8, and I am trying to install project_issue_baseuser and its dependencies. So that would be project_baseuser and project_stage_state

Brandon Gay
on 7/23/15, 9:06 AM

Any advice on this?

Brandon Gay
on 7/27/15, 2:09 PM
FEDERICO LEONI
On 7/22/15, 6:23 PM

Brandon, please share more info:

• Is a custom module or a stock app?

• Have you downloaded from a site or are you trying to install from Odoo Apps menu?

• Have you restarted the server or checked the log to see what error(s) is raised? 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/22/15, 4:00 PM
Seen: 767 times
Last updated: 8/17/15, 9:30 AM