This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I would like to install several instances of Odoo on a single Ubuntu Linux server.  The end result would be a test, prototype and production configuration.  The test instance would have demo data and is where any updates, bug fix, etc would be applied for initial testing and evaluation.  The prototype instance would have copied production data and is where the updates and bug fixes would be applied once they pass thru the test instance.  Finally the updates and bug fixes would be applied to production.  Everything is sitting behind Nginx.  Each instance will be accessed from a unique sub-domain URL, for example test.domain.com, proto.domain.com, and prod.domain.com.  Each instance should be on a different port and should be able to be started and stopped independently.  

How do I install multiple instances of Odoo on the same server and configure it to run on different ports?

How can I take updates to a specific instance of Odoo from github?

How do I copy the application data from one instance of Odoo to another instance of Odoo so I know the code levels match?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer
How do I install multiple instances of Odoo on the same server and configure it to run on different ports?

Clone the repository three times, have three different configuration files, three different services.

How can I take updates to a specific instance of Odoo from github?

Update just the repository for test, prototype or production

How do I copy the application data from one instance of Odoo to another instance of Odoo so I know the code levels match?

Do you mean the database?  BACKUP and RESTORE

Do you mean the source code? Fork Odoo to create your own Odoo repository and pull Odoo updates from the remote and push and pull your changes to one of three branches (test, proto, prod) setup from that repository

Discard