This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi everyone,
May I know If it is possible to install two instance of OpenERP(OpenERP 7 & 8)  in a single OS,Windows8 or Ubuntu 14.04.
Assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Also Can you please provide a link with a descriptive explanation for this purpose?

Discard
Best Answer

Its feasible, I'll outline instruction for ubuntu here.

1. Go to http://nightly.odoo.com/ and download tar latest packages for 7.0 and 8.0

2. untar them (tar -xvf <package_name>) into two different directories, e.g. 7.0 into openerp, and 8.0 into odoo

3. Run them using python, i.e. pointing them to the run scripts, e.g. python /your/location/to/oe/7.0/openerp-server

4. The same way you can boot up odoo 8.0 and you have two instances running simulteneously on the same machine.

Shoudl you have any questions I'll be happy to help further.

Discard

A little sidenote: You would need to host one of both Odoo instances on another port. You can't have both V7 and V8 running on port 8069 I believe :-)

Of course, that's true.

Author

Thanks for your reply. Could you please suggest a means to accomplish the same in Windows? It would be really appreciated.

Do really pretty much the same. On windows you can also untar the packages downloaded for linux using winrar or similar program, and execute the scripts using python. Everything should be working without a problem, I guess. I can't test it though, cause I don't have a Windows box.