Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Install community-app in v9 Enterprise

Peter Thommen
on 2/29/16, 4:12 PM 289 views

I try to install community-apps (from camptocamp for example "last name, first name") into my v9 Enterprise-installation but I get only errors. Is there any handbook how to do this task?

In this case I am missing a selection for "LGPL-apps" at https://www.odoo.com/apps or where could I found the "enterprise-apps"? Only in the software itself?

Peter Thommen
on 3/1/16, 2:09 AM

Most probably yes, however, you should revert to Odoo S.A.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/1/16, 2:19 AM

There is a way to find out: Usually all modules which have a link to a github repository are AGPL, modules without a link to github and no license regulations in the description usually fall under the proprietary license and might be installed on Enterprise.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/1/16, 2:22 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 3/1/16, 12:38 AM

There is no manual for that, it is not possible for licensing reasons. Odoo Enterprise is a proprietary license based on a LGPL open source core, therefore AGPL licensed modules can not be installed on Odoo Enterprise.
See https://www.odoo.com/blog/odoo-news-5/post/adapting-our-open-source-license-245

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/29/16, 4:12 PM
Seen: 289 times
Last updated: 3/1/16, 2:17 AM