Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

install a module in v7 from v6.1

By
CK
on 3/19/13, 5:00 AM 1,896 views

Hi, i want to install "shipping_bista" module in v7, and i collect some errors like res.partner.address and base.group_extended (maybe something wrong here).

however ,there's a error still here : Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture .. and i dont know how to collect.... thanks

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 3/19/13, 5:08 AM

res.partner.address and base.group_extended have been removed in v7.

you'll have to replace res.partner.address with res.partner (because on v7 addresses use the same object of partners).

for what regards group_extended, you have to replace is with base.group_no_one, that is the ID of the Technical Features group.

You can also try to contact Bista and see if they're porting that module to v7.

i have replaced res.partner.address and base.group_extended already, and still an error as i said : Invalid XML for View Architecture .. thanks for answer..

CK
on 3/19/13, 5:29 AM

i still have a question , how did u know group_extended would replace is with base.group_no_one? Is any doc about v7 ?

CK
on 3/19/13, 10:20 PM
CK
On 3/25/13, 7:13 AM
        <record id="view_order_form_inherit_frm_shp2" model="ir.ui.view">
        <field name="name">sale.order.form.inherit.frm.shp2</field>
        <field name="model">sale.order</field>
        <field name="type">form</field>
        <field name="inherit_id" ref="sale.view_order_form" />
        <field name="arch" type="xml">
            <field domain="[('type','=','sale')]" name="pricelist_id" groups="base.group_no_one" position="after" >
                <field name="journal_id" />
            </field>
        </field>
    </record>

Is something wrong here?? The error is : 'ValidateError', u'Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!'

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 3/19/13, 5:05 AM

Contact the module developer asking if they have the module port to v7 ready. If they don't you are welcome to port the module to v7

thanks for answer..

CK
on 3/19/13, 5:29 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/19/13, 5:00 AM
Seen: 1896 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM