Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inheriting A "Group By..."

By
Alex Gallien
on 8/14/14, 4:07 PM 528 views

EDIT: Simple mistake, I inherited "mrp.view_mrp_production_workcenter_form_view_filter", when I should have inherited "mrp_operations.view_mrp_production_workcenter_form_view_filter".

I am trying to add a "group by..." for customer to Work Orders and am having some trouble. Currently I have a customer field defined on each product (many2one) that then gets translated via fields.related to the Manufacturing Order and Work Order views. This is working without issue. I am trying to sort my Work Orders by customer now using "Group By...", but for some reason my code isn't working. If someone could check it out for me I'd really appreciate it.

My  current code:

<record id="view_workcenter_customer_domain_search" model="ir.ui.view">

<field name="name">workcenter.customer.domain.search</field>

<field name="model">mrp.production.workcenter.line</field>

<field name="inherit_id" ref="mrp.view_mrp_production_workcenter_form_view_filter"/>

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<xpath expr="//group/filter[@string='Date']" position="after">

<filter string="Customer" icon="terp-go-home" domain="[]" context="{'group_by':'customer_name'}"/>

</xpath>

</field>

</record>

Define 'isn't working' - an error, the wrong result, no result ?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/14/14, 4:29 PM

No errors, but no result at all.

Alex Gallien
on 8/14/14, 4:29 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/15/14, 6:38 PM

(FROM ALEX) Simple mistake, I inherited "mrp.view_mrp_production_workcenter_form_view_filter", when I should have inherited "mrp_operations.view_mrp_production_workcenter_form_view_filter".

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 8/14/14, 11:05 PM

I don't know which version you're using, but I don't find 'Date' in the filter (v6.1). Maybe 'Late':

<xpath expr="//group/filter[@string='Late']" position="after">

I am trying to edit the "Group By..." section, not the normal filter section. I am not familiar with V6, so I don't know if that feature exists. It should work similarly though.

Alex Gallien
on 8/15/14, 3:09 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/14/14, 4:07 PM
Seen: 528 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM