Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inherit Menuitem in Custom Module

By
David Warner
on 1/19/14, 6:52 AM 3,456 views

In OpenERP 7.0,Under Reporting Tab,We have several reporting options for various modules.Now My requirement is in my custom module,I want to show Point Of Sale/Sale Details menuitem to particular user without changing access right.So how to inherit that menuitem in my custom module?

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 3 8
Puducherry, India
--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
Passionate coder in Python/Odoo(formerly known as OpenERP).

Contact me via GMail: atchuthantu@gmail.com via Skype: atchuthan_skype
via Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/atchuthantu
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 1/20/14, 9:33 AM

For my requirement, I had to change the parent menu for Location from Configuration to Inventory Control at Warehouse section

<menuitem action="action_location_form" id="menu_action_location_form" groups="stock.group_locations" parent="menu_stock_configuration" sequence="5"/>

TO

<menuitem action="stock.action_location_form" id="stock.menu_action_location_form" groups="stock.group_locations,stock.group_stock_user"  parent="stock.menu_stock_inventory_control" sequence="5"/>

I used the second xml code in my custom module to change menu requirements.

I hope this is useful for manipulating menu items from other modules by CUSTOM modules

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/19/14, 6:52 AM
Seen: 3456 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM