Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inherit department_id in 'Timesheet Activities' from Timesheet filled in by employee.

Aaron J Layfield
on 7/14/15, 1:33 AM 424 views

Edit*** It looks like I've actually configured this correct. HOWEVER, I think my issue has changed:

What I actually need this to do is inherit the department ID used in the timesheet (Completed in My Current Timesheets) so it is visible by people under 'timesheet activities'.

How do I achieve this? 

I've been able to include the department that an employee belongs to when they fill out their timesheets. 

This is populated in the view by:

<field name='department_id'>

However, using the same department_id field in the 'Timesheet Activities' view results in an error: 

Field(s) `arch` failed against a constraint: Invalid view definition
Error details:
Field `department_id` does not exist
How do I get this view to inherit the correct view/form and let me use the 'department_id' field? 

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 6 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 7/14/15, 3:17 AM

It seems that you need to put the field department_id in the 'Timesheet Activities' model, that can be done as a direct many2one to hr.department or as a related field if you in your 'Timesheet Activities' model have a reference to the timesheet model that have the field department_id

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 7/14/15, 1:33 AM
Seen: 424 times
Last updated: 7/14/15, 3:17 AM