Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Incoming mail marked as read by openerp

By
Oli Kingwell
on 3/19/15, 6:10 AM 853 views

When i setup incoming mail servers for users in openerp7, using an imap server, all email that comes in to that address is marked as read/opened on the mail server by openerp.

Is there a way of preventing openerp from doing this until the user has actually read the email in openerp?

I understand the purpose of IMAP, however the openerp server is marking emails as read/opened as soon as they are received, even if no users are logged in to the system. For example an email was received to user A's email address at 04:00, and was instantly marked as read by openerp, while the user was not logged in to the system, and because it was marked as read by openerp, did not notify them on their other mail client. Openerp is marking emails as read without the user reading them.

Oli Kingwell
on 3/19/15, 9:32 AM

And that is probably because you've configured them as imap in Odoo? Could you post the configuration from your mailserver? The problem is probably coming from there :)

Yenthe
on 3/19/15, 9:35 AM

Yes, they are configured as imap in openerp, and i would like openerp to mark messages as read on the mail server WHEN they are read by the user, not before. the config in openerp is set to imap, with keep original, active, and keep attachments all ticked.

Oli Kingwell
on 3/19/15, 9:39 AM

Sadly what you want doesn't work on Odoo. Its either mark them all as read the moment they come in or have them not marked at all.. So you'll need to choose between having them all marked instantly or having none marked by using SMTP.. :/

Yenthe
on 3/19/15, 9:42 AM

Thanks for that, it seems like that is an absolutely huge fault in openerp/odoo as most people use mobile mail clients as well as desktop. i've tried to convert your comment to an answer but cant due to karma, but thanks!

Oli Kingwell
on 3/19/15, 9:45 AM

Well I found this very annoying too and haven't found any workaround / solution up until now.. I've converted my comment as an answer and extended it a bit. No problem for the 'help' :)

Yenthe
on 3/19/15, 9:48 AM

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 3/19/15, 9:47 AM

Oli that is exactly what IMAP is used for and how it works, it checks emails as read. If you change this from IMAP to SMTP your problems will be solved as e-mails will not be automatically marked as read.

Sadly what you want doesn't work on Odoo. Its either mark them all as read the moment they come in or have them not marked at all.. So you'll need to choose between having them all marked instantly or having none marked by using SMTP.. :/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/19/15, 6:10 AM
Seen: 853 times
Last updated: 3/19/15, 9:48 AM