Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Incoming email messages are not complete in my inbox.

By
Dan Reinhart
on 7/24/14, 8:28 AM 578 views

When I receive incoming email that I have forwarded to my alias from a conversation outside Odoo, only the latest content is included in my messages.  No other content. However, the complete original is then passed on to my other Odoo email address. 

Is there a setting I am missing. I am on a mac so not using outlook, etc.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 7/24/14, 9:15 AM

I have never seen that happen on any Odoo/OpenERP system so far. Does this happen to all emails on said email address? Or are it just the emails that you forward?

Perhaps some symbols in the bodytext of the email (the ">" symbol for example) are interepreted as non-important? 

Mariusz Mizgier
On 7/26/14, 6:20 AM

It is caused by the function called html_sanitize, defined in server/openerp/addons/tool/mail.py, which removes unnecessary part of the text from the processed mail. You can easily override that function to meet your needs.

Dan Reinhart
On 7/26/14, 12:27 AM

I am just starting to set up odoo for our group so I really can't answer your quesiton. How can I test and examine what you suggest?

What I find odd is that the forwarded message from odoo to my listed email address is complete and OK but all that arrived in odoo messages stopped after 'Begin forwarded message:'?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/24/14, 8:28 AM
Seen: 578 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM