Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inbox functionality is not working in Odoo 8 version

By
Hamil Ibrahim
on 5/7/16, 8:27 AM 344 views

I need to receive notification in my Inbox menu in Odoo 8 application. For example, I need to set notification message in my Inbox menu like Sale order confirmed, Invoice creation, purchase confirm etc..

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 5/8/16, 2:25 AM

@August: the first sentence of your answer is truly right! But you don't need SMTP per user to achieve what Hamil wants. It is necessary to check if the user who wants to receive notifications is also assigned as follower for the corresponding topics. Given that you have configured your mail and notification system properly, of course.

August Doo
On 5/7/16, 10:54 PM

Hi the mail configuration is far more complex than expected. please refer to these two posts with examples on\\ Zoho\ mail\\ and\ \Gmail\\&nbsp\;\.\ The\ module\ you\ may\ need\ is\ \SMTP Server per User which can be used for version 9

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/7/16, 8:27 AM
Seen: 344 times
Last updated: 5/8/16, 2:25 AM