Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Inbound Email associating with document (customer, quote etc). Manually actioning inbox emails.

By
Andrew Abram
on 12/16/15, 5:57 AM 408 views

Hi, relatively new to Odoo and have been having problems with the following points and really hoping someone can help as cannot find anyway to do this. My Python is limited however I do have access to a developer if required however Ideally I would like to be able to configure this via the interface.

1) Inbound emails from known customers - When someone replies to a document email (e.g. quotation) the reply automatically associates with that quote which is great. Is there a way for new inbound emails from existing customers that appear in Odoo to automatically be associated with a customer? (At the moment they just sit in the inbox).

2) Linked to the above - is there a way to decide what to do with an inbound email from the inbox? Currently when I click 'Done' it just goes. Is there an action I can add to these messages to say 'assign to customer, document etc.)? Please note we don't use leads and I can see actions to 'create new' but I want to assign to existing documents.

3) Defining what messages are pulled into Odoo via IMAP. I am certain this has something to do with Catchall but my limited brain ;) is struggling to get around it. We are using Outlook 365 and am using IMAP to pull the emails into Odoo. Again, all works fine but it currently pulls in all emails from Outlook. Is there a way to define only existing email addresses are pulled in? Ideally don't want everyones emails held in the database if possible. How do other businesses deal with this?

In advance thanks for any replies, I've tried working the above out but with little success. Again, if it requires Python, that's OK.

Andrew

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/16/15, 5:57 AM
Seen: 408 times
Last updated: 2/24/16, 11:09 AM